- In-process protection
- Edge spray of coils and sheet stock · void spaces
- Double wall void spaces
- Hot/cold-rolled steel
- Silicon steel
- Stainless steel
- Cast iron
CEA VpCl® Reduces Costs by
- Increased effective protection throughout
- Efficient delivery systems that make it economical to treat hard-to-protect items
- Ease of application
- Improved health, safety, and environmental impact control
- Elimination of extra processing steps as in most cases there is no need to remove the VpCI® product
- Lifespan extension of equipment
Without VpCi® protection
With VpCi® protection
VpCi® can be used on any size equipment
VpCI cortec preservation uses vapor phase inhibitors which provide multi-metal corrosion protection, leaving a thin, self-healing film that is environmentally friendly. Protection is immediate and easy to remove if required.
How can CEA VpCl® products help me?
Corrosion is a constant threat to all types of metal parts, even more so when packaged for storage or transportation. Traditional methods for anti-corrosion can be messy, costly, and may pose possible hazards to people and the environment. CEA VpCI® Cortec Preservation technology represents a breakthrough solution in corrosion prevention.
Our VpCI® products protect metals with a chemically adsorbed molecular layer that provides multi-metal corrosion protection. Complete coverage is achieved – all surfaces, including crevices, cavities, and other inaccessible void areas receive total protection. The VpCI® barrier is self-replenishing and protects for up to two years. Exceptional product protection is a proven industry result without the labor-intensive clean-up required with conventional oil coatings or other inhibiting products. CEA VpCIs® are environmentally safe and not based on nitrites.
CEA VpCI® technology. The safety net your products and equipment deserve.
How does VpCl® Work?
VpCl® applications can protect products stored indoors as well as outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, the latest VpCl® technology increases profitability by solving a corrosion issue instead of choosing to ignore it.
- Condition enclosed atmosphere with a protective vapor
- Vapor migrates to all recessed areas and cavities
- Vapor condenses on all metal surfaces
- Ions dissolve in moisture layer (water electrolyte)
- Protective ions are attracted to metal surfaces
- Ions form a thin, monomolecular protective layer surface
How can CEA VpCl® products be used?
Multiple types of VpCl® applications can be used in corrosion prevention across a multitude of platforms, for example, you can:
- Fog a heat exchanger in minutes and eliminate any shipping or storage corrosion problems
- Protect on-site, operational electric circuitry
- Easily spray valve flanges and stems with an outdoor coating for extended protection
- Boost the protection of your lubricating oils with an additive effective for multi-metal systems
When correctly applied, CEA’s VpCl® Technology will substantially cut time and costs throughout the product or equipment’s life cycle: manufacturing, storage, shipping, and field service.
CEA’s VpCl® products eliminate extra processing steps such as cleaning, degreasing, rust removal, pickling, sandblasting. The result being less re-work, fewer rejections, improved quality, reduced rust claims and extended equipment life.
To download this featured service Click Here
Click to learn more about CEA Storage and Handling services